Ten Self Care Hacks to Revolutionize Your Life
Ten Self Care Hacks to Revolutionize Your Life
It’s nice to be nice to other people, but it’s also important to be nice to yourself. If you don’t take some time every day to destress, care for yourself and connect with your inner thoughts, it can have negative effects on your physical and emotional health, and that isn’t good for anyone!
Fortunately, it’s never too late to start treating yourself better. Here are some great self care hacks that will make you feel great and give you a positive outlook that will improve your life and the lives of those around you.
## Self Care Hacks for Your Mind
1. Keep a Diary: A diary is a great way to express yourself. It helps you identify negative behavior so you can find ways to control these behaviors in future and ultimately reduce depression and anxiety.
2. Connect with Nature: Take some time to notice the beauty of what’s around you. This will give you a sense of peace and help you focus on the present without worrying about the past or the future.
3. Switch off for an Hour: While our devices are convenient, they can be a source of stress. They bring us communication that can distract us and interrupt our routines. While I wouldn’t recommend getting rid of them altogether, taking an hour a day to escape from them can be beneficial to wellbeing.
4. Meditate:Meditating is a great way to relieve anxiety and depression. The morning is usually the best time to meditate giving you the boost you need to focus during your busy day, but if you don’t have time in the morning, any time of day can be a good time!
5. Declutter Your Desk:A cluttered desk leads to a cluttered mind. Take some time to clear off your desk and throw away files you no longer need so you can create a more peaceful atmosphere and focus on what’s important.
6. Break Out of Your Comfort Zone: We want to eliminate stress, but we also want to live a little! Every day, think of something you can do to break out of your comfort zone, even if it’s something as simple as talking to a stranger on the bus.
7. Make a Selfish Decision:Try to take some time out every day to do something for yourself. Taste food you have always wanted to taste or go for a spa treatment. You will be surprised to find how much this will help in alleviating depression and giving you a more positive outlook.
8. Change Your Route to Work: This is a great way to keep your mind challenged and help you discover something new about your surroundings.
9. Look at the Color Green: The colors you surround yourself can really change your mood. Research tells us the color green can help to set your mind at ease. Don’t love this color for your bedroom? Simply pull up a scene that includes green on your computer to start feeling more peaceful.
10. Unfriend Negative Friends on Facebook: Social media can be a great way for many to connect, but if you find there is someone on your pages who is constantly bringing you down, unfriend them. That way you don’t have to put up with their negativity any more.
## Self Care Hacks for Your Body
1. Take Deep Breaths: If you can’t find the time to meditate, you will be surprised to find out how effective taking a few deep breaths is at eliminating stress.
2. Plan a Weekend Hangout: When the weekend comes, be sure to leave work behind and plan something you truly enjoy.
3. Get to the Office Early: If you have extra time in the morning, why not leave a little early for work? This is a great way to get a head start on the day and avoid the brunt of rush hour traffic.
4. Have a Healthy Meal:Healthy food will not just improve your physical health, it can improve your mental health as well. Eat a healthy meal to see how it gives you the energy you need to take on your busy day.
5.Shake Your Booty: Dancing can be a great way to burn calories and elevate your mood. Don’t feel like heading out to the disco? Enjoy a few moves with friends at home or in the privacy of your own bedroom.
6. Exercise Daily:Exercising can be a great way to boost your mood and give you energy. Even if you don’t have time for a full workout, try doing little things like taking the stairs instead of the elevator or taking a quick walk around the block at lunchtime.
7. Get Some Sun:Sunlight lifts our mood and it’s a great source of vitamin D. Of course, too much sun can be damaging to the skin, but it’s a good idea to get out for a while each day. Apply sunscreen if you feel it’s necessary.
8. Laugh Heartily: Having a sense of humor will get you through any stressful situation. If you don’t have anything in front of you that makes you laugh, try watching a funny sitcom or reading your favorite comic books.
9. Take a Nap: Many of us who suffer from stress and anxiety have difficulty sleeping. The fatigue we feel can make our stress levels increase. If you are feeling particularly tired, go ahead and treat yourself to a nap. This will help you gain a new perspective, so you are better able to deal with your problems.
10. Enjoy a Hot Drink: A hot drink can decrease anxiety and improve digestion. Not a fan of coffee and tea? Drink some hot milk or even hot water can do the trick.
Life can be exhausting. We get so consumed by the stresses of every day life that our mental and physical healthy begins to suffer. Try these self care hacks to keep yourself in the best shape possible and find out how they can revolutionize your life.